Monday, February 18, 2008

Update

I just wanted to share an update with the current amount Wyatt has raised for Open Arms Home for Children.

Drumroll . . . as of today, the estimated total is $320.00 US dollars. That's a whole heck of a lot more than pocket change!

Here is one of the many emails that we've received, with the name deleted for privacy:

"Hey buddy. Good job in working with your mom to get your blog set up and the donation link going. **** and I were on the Open Arms website tonight and donated $50. Most kids your age just think about playing video games, watching TV and playing sports.....you are truly a special kid! We love you and are proud of you......Keep up the good work!"

And this is just one of the many. I can't express how grateful I am to each and every one of you who has left supportive comments and donations because of this. Wyatt gets so excited when I tell him that there has been another contribution, comment or email about the children's home.

You can donate here, if you wish.

And remember, you can reach me (us) at blankenship.carrie[at]yahoo.com if you'd like to privately mention your donation, or if you have any questions.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Carrie do you guys take pay pal? I could get something to you today in that case.

carrie said...

Lisa --

I do not have Pay Pal set up for this, however, I know the site to be secure and I've used it several times. You can trust that.

If you aren't comfortable making a donation on their site, let me know, and maybe we can work something else out!